From the American embassy to the Hungarian embassy for an attaché event.
I find myself lately wearing more understated pieces. I recon that it would be highly inappropriate to wear too skinny trousers or even harris tweed. During the week I mostly wear a blazer or if there’s an event I would wear a suit. Always with a tie.
7:33 am • 4 December 2013 • 14 notes
#Lebkuchen #menswear (at annes bude)
11:54 am • 23 November 2013
Since I work at the U.S. Embassy now, I got to wear suits more often.
6:44 am • 20 November 2013 • 28 notes
A stroll through my neighborhood Charlottenburg. It’s quite different than the tenderloin of sf
9:05 am • 16 November 2013 • 6 notes
Since I got a little more time now, I explored the thrift stores of Berlin. Not bad! I found some Alfred sergeant shoes and this Chester Barrie.
4:06 am • 16 November 2013 • 6 notes
Outfit for muddy days at the Mauerpark flea market.
Surprisingly for me, harris tweed is an excellent rain jacket that keeps one dry while it’s raining cats and dogs.
10:17 am • 17 October 2013 • 43 notes
Most useful accessories so far in this German autumn (chilly and rainy)
Tricker’s boots designed by Macho in Vienna (eBay)
Pantherella wool/alpaca socks (sale)
Swims galoshes (full price… from Budapester)
12:38 am • 11 October 2013 • 5 notes
Stuff that’s hard to get in the states;The #goodstuff #gauloises
6:53 am • 10 October 2013 • 1 note
First Impressions: From San Francisco back to Hamburg
I haven’t been a while back in my home city of Hamburg, so I honestly do not remember a lot how people dressed but now I have to say Hamburg is pretty posh.
- The Lululemon factor (I swear It’s everywhere in San Francisco) is dramatically low in Hamburg. I am not sure if Hamburgians are less into Yoga than San Franciscians but I don’t think so.
- You see way more people in suits in the Innenstadt than in the Financial District.
- It’s mostly navy blue.
- No brown shoes, just no.
- Slim cut trousers, sometimes too slim
- Monochromatic ties — navy blue
- Quilted jackets
- I even saw an older man with a walking stick. (not a cane)
- And another man with an ascot… What?
- Everybody, seriously everybody, has a scarf, but it’s also pretty cold here. Around 50F
Just some impressions, but I kind of wished I had taken some photos.
3:14 pm • 8 October 2013 • 5 notes